Home / Hospitality Division / Sales
Travel and Tourism Executive Search in Sales
We have completed searches for a wide array of hospitality industry clients including:
- Interstate Hotels
- Benchmark Hospitality
- Sage Hospitality
- Walt Disney Resorts
- American Express
- Royal Caribbean
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Travel Impressions
- Tauck Tours
- Carnival Cruises
Examples of Completed Searches
Our Travel and Tourism Division has placed successful candidates in a variety of key sales positions. Our placements include positions such as Senior Vice President Sales, Corporate Vice President Sales, Vice President- Business Development, Regional Director of Sales and Sales Manager.
Below is a sampling of completed searches.
Senior Vice President – Sales
Our client is a growing travel incentive and motivation company. The company is located in California. They asked our assistance in finding a Sr. Vice President of Sales who could become fully responsible for all aspects of national, regional, and local sales management. They were also looking for an individual highly skilled in revenue management who understand business mix, segmentation, and variable rate structures. Most importantly – they were looking for a “change agent” to instill a sense of urgency to a sales organization that had become complacent.
Vice President of Sales
Our client is a prominent riverboat cruise company, located in Massachusetts specializing in Europe and Russia. They retained our firm to find a sales leader with specific experience in group, meeting and incentive sales. The company looked for an executive experienced in the development and implementation of a proprietary, cloud based sales tracking and management software system. The Vice President of Sales leads the National Sales Team and also has responsibility for property level sales.
Director of Revenue Management – North America
Our client is a major international car rental company with corporate offices in New York. Our firm was retained to assist in the search for an experience revenue management executive. The job specifications included the ability to work closely with senior management, to develop strategic revenue management plans appropriate to market conditions in multiple markets. A strong emphasis was placed on the development of an integrated revenue management system for North America utilizing state of the art technology.
Qualities of a Great Business Development Executive
With over 50 years of experience placing hotel executives, we know what makes a great leader. Below are some of the qualities and experience we look for:
- Demonstrated track record of strategic focus on sales management with a solid understanding of sales segment mix, revenue management, and channel distribution
- Proven experience in all sales segments with an emphasis on corporate group, meetings, and incentives, as well as transient and leisure
- The ability to work with operations, finance, and other departments to provide a coordinated effort to maximize revenue from existing clientele
- Demonstrated missionary sales management skills to enhance sales performance and revenue generation
- The ability to personally maintain and manage relationships with major sources of revenue including corporations, travel management firms, meeting planners, and consortiums