Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates & coordinates inpatient-nursing services within a service line. Collaborates with staff in the development and execution of strategic plans, providing quality care, and managing cost-effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations. Responsible for achieving the strategic vision for nursing in their assigned areas of accountability.
- Collaborates with CNO other medical center management in identifying & implementing innovative models and best practices with an emphasis on quality of care, service line improvements, and cost reduction.
- Coordinates with Medical Groups to provide for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care. Establishes partnerships with facility leadership groups. In collaboration with medical staff and facility leadership ensures a superior care experience and a safe environment with patients and staff.
- Ensures policies, practices, & procedures comply with administrative, legal & regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract, governmental, and accrediting agencies.
Provides clinical & professional oversight for areas of accountability.
- Assures successful implementation of organizational strategies such as Hospital Efficiency, Work Place Safety, Supply Cost Initiative including OR Back-log, Patient satisfaction.
- Through the hiring, retention, and development of internal staff in areas of accountability, achieves staffing ratios & optimal patient outcomes w/minimal dependence on premium pay (overtime & registry/traveler staff).
- Mentors Nursing Managers and development of leadership skills, fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling practices, professional development of staff, and outcomes based practice.
- Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
- BSN or bachelor’s degree in health care related field required.
- Current California RN license required.
|Job Category||Hospital & Healthcare|