Home / Hospitality Division / Sales
Hospitality Executive Search in Hotel Sales
We have completed searches for a wide array of hospitality industry clients including:
- Interstate Hotels
- Benchmark Hospitality
- Sage Hospitality
- Walt Disney Resorts
- American Express
- Royal Carribean
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Travel Impressions
- Tauck Tours
- Carnival Cruises
Examples of Completed Searches
Our Hospitality Division has placed successful candidates in a variety of key business development positions. Our placements include positions such as Sr. Vice President Sales, Corporate Vice President Sales, Vice President- Business Development, Regional Director of Sales, Sales Manager.
Below is a sampling of completed searches.
Senior Vice President – Sales
Our client, located n Nevada, is a growing hotel management company with over 50 full service hotels. They asked our assistance in finding a Sr. Vice President of Sales who could become fully responsible for all aspects of national, regional, and local sales management. They were also looking for an individual highly skilled in revenue management who understands business mix, segmentation, and variable rate structures. Most importantly – they were looking for a “change agent” to instill a sense of urgency to a sales organization that had become complacent.
Vice President of Sales
Our client is a prominent hotel management company, located in Arizona, specializing in large resort hotels with significant meeting and conference space. They retained our firm to find a sales leader with specific experience in large group, meeting and incentive sales. The company looked for an executive experienced in the development and implementation of a proprietary, cloud based sales tracking and management software system. The Vice President of Sales leads the National Sales Team and also has responsibility for property level sales. Catering and Convention Services also reports to this position.
Director of Revenue Management – North America
Our client is an International Hotel Corporation operating twelve luxury hotels in North America. The corporate offices are in New York City. Our firm was retained to assist in the search for an experience revenue management executive. The job specifications included the ability to work closely with regional and property level management, to develop strategic revenue management plans appropriate to market conditions in multiple markets. A strong emphasis was placed on the development of an integrated revenue management system for North America by utilizing state of the art technology.
Qualities of a Great Sales Executive
With over 50 years of experience placing hotel executives, we know what makes a great leader. Below are some of the qualities and experience we look for:
- Strategic focus on sales management with a solid understanding of sales segment mix, revenue management, and channel distribution
- Demonstrated experience in all sales segments with an emphasis on corporate group, meetings, incentives, and corporate transient and leisure
- The ability to work with operations, finance, and other departments to provide a coordinated effort to maximize revenue from existing clientele
- Proven track-record of missionary sales management skills to enhance sales performance and revenue generation
- the ability to personally maintain and manage relationship with major sources of revenue, including corporations, travel management firms, meeting planners, and consortiums